Back to Nurse Molly gallery page: debit.deviantart.com/gallery/3…| Next Page:
Surface: Moleskine notebook, size A4.
Instrument: Pilot/Namiki Vanishing Point Fountain Pen, fine nib.
9 July 2012: I have uploaded an alternate file and see if this one looks better than the previous one. The first upload kind of feels fuzzy for some reason. Both files contain the same stuff, except for the difference in brightness/contrast levels. The brightness/contrast levels in the first upload were untouched, while those from the second upload were set -20(brightness)/+20(contrast).
This is my attempt in coming up with a fictional character, suitable for endeavors like comic book work if I decide to go for it.
In addition, I am using this as an example of what a fountain pen can achieve.
I have been brainstorming for a fictional character, based on Maria from Private Nurse
visual novel. Well, my character concept has diverged from Maria by a considerable margin.
Meet Nurse Molly. Six things make her appearance particularly different from Maria. Let's see ...
1. Head: No pigtails. Molly's hair looks rather unkempt. She does not seem to like smiling.
2. Footwear: A pair of jackboots. (Kind of similar to what I wear in real-life
) They fit her personality better as you will see in the future.
3. Y-strap: Only some soldiers and historical reenactors wear this sort of stuff. But Molly is neither a soldier nor a historical reenactor. But a combination of a pair of jackboots and Y-strap ... I just could not resist but try both of them on her! (Although she has never served under Wehrmacht
nor Nationale Volksarmee.
4. Oversized syringe: She is a nurse, after all. At the superficial level, this is her way of advertising, 'I deliver!' However, her right hand holds something other than a syringe -- an oversized scalpel to be exact. In short, she can command various instruments. As for their consequences? That is for her patients and spectators to find out ...
5. Pistol holster: What the hell?!? An armed nurse? You mean she can shoot? Yeah ... but it has other uses, such as in case she needs to harvest fresh ... *ahem*. Sorry, cannot divulge trade secrets!
6. Proportions: Compared to Maria, Molly is taller. Her face is also more elongated than Maria's. In the beginning, I have been sketching Maria's face for a bit and the immediate difference is that my style involves more elongated faces.